Your Distribution Centre needs to operate at the highest level of efficiency, utilisation and cost to meet the changing customer requirements of todays marketplace. Our goal is to optimise the layout, flow, storage and retrievel of inventory for your business with a better warehouse design.
Let us analyse, verify, design and implement the right automated warehouse solution for your Distribution Centre. It starts with understanding the existing warehouse capability and moving towards a future state distribution centre model. We are process focussed and apply sound industrial engineering principles to manage inventory.
Ready to make a difference to your warehouse operation?
A Turn Key Solution can help change the way you run your warehouse to create a more efficient and productive warehouse operation. Our warehouse capability review is designed to help identify and address these typical issues within your warehouse.
- Due to poor space utilisation our labour cost is increasing and out of control.
- Our casual resources are not skilled nor do they understand our processes.
- RF scanning should be increasing productivity, but it is always down.
- Do we have the best storage solutions, racking and binning for our products?
- Customer service levels are poor due to delays in order picking and despatch.
- What is the actual cost of our warehouse & distribution network?
Whether you are occupying an older warehouse facility or looking to move to a new warehouse, we are able assist you and manage the process. Our project management approach is structured and specifically tailored to support your next warehouse relocation project.
Warehouse Capability Review
Our consultants have worked within supply chain and logistics for a number of years and rely on their experience in identifying and building the right warehouse solutions. We take a look at your warehouse layout, review existing layout plans or develop our own cad drawings that will support warehouse automation solutions, which are both modular and more affordable.
A typical review will incorporate these core elements as we try to get a better understanding of your business:
- The existing warehouse layout and how it supports the flow of inventory.
- Materials handling equipment, the cost of equipment, suitability and utilisation.
- Warehouse storage systems, racking, binning, shelving for all products.
- Warehouse resources, the quality of their work and process knowledge.
- Warehouse systems, RF systems, WMS, ERP system and extent of integration.
Past projects improving warehouse operation
As each project is quite unique, our success has been based on being able to deliver the right solutions to meet the clients need. We don’t complicate the process or over engineer a solution that is not necessary. Our aim is to deliver a quality assessment that provides a path for continuous improvement.
Some clear benefits that can take your warehouse operation or distribution centre to the next level:
Warehouse Relocation Project to 3PL
- 3PL Tender evaluation, site selection and awarding of contract.
- Project management focus to develop relocation plans and manage transition.
- New warehouse layout design to support inventory storage and movement profile.
- Deployment of all IT systems, RF scanning, pick technologies and EDI.
- Physical relocation of inventory for 6 week go live cutover.
Warehouse improvement Project
- Complete warehouse layout assessment to understand how inventory is moved and orders processed.
- Review of each warehouse function to establish defined processing areas
- New racking installation to free up processing floor space and congestion.
- Resource planning tool for cost control management
- Transport management system to optimise load planning and pallet build.
- Implemented a supplier delivery schedule to smooth vehicle arrivals.
- Order cycle-time has reduced due to new warehouse layout changes.
- Despatch workloads balanced from cross dock through to final outbound load completion.
- Greater resource visibility at a site level creating an opportunity to manage casual labour costs more effectively.
- Outbound transportation routes are planned and more efficient, which create opportunities for cost recovery.
- Yard management initiatives implemented to better manage space and vehicles.
Feel free to contact our office for advice or to discuss any specific project requirements.