WMS implementation for a national retail organisation in their central distribution centre located in Sydney Australia. This main DC is the primary stocking point for over 36000 sku's with inventory holdings exceeding $45,000,000.
- Existing AS400 ERP platform was not able to support warehouse functionality in a realtime environment
- All warehouse processes were paper based including: Goods receiving, put-away, picking, despatch, and stocktake.
- Warehouse order fulfilment was lengthy and prone to error, lost orders and incorrect picks.
- Inventory record accuracy was below 50% due to delays in processing.
- Cost of labour was exceedingly high due to overtime due to resource planning issues to support order allocation.
- A Turn Key Solution initially commissioned to develop and issue RFP to market to select best available WMS. Assessments proved cost prohibutive, plan B was developed.
- A Turn Key Solution designed the system and developed functional specifications for the internal IT resources to develop and in house application.
- System fully developed, tested and implemented to support 48 users with RF capability for inwards receipting, stock movements, stock transfers, replenishment and picking.
- System fully operational within 2 weeks from go live to achieve 20% improvement in cycletime and efficiency.
- New warehouse layout was also implemented to support barcode scanning functionality for pick face, bulk and block stack locations.
- Greater visibility achieved to manage customer orders, resource planning and workflow management.
- Labour cost significantly reduced for the entire operation, saving the equivalent of 15 FTE's.
A Turn Key Solution offers your organisation the same opportunities to improve the health and direction of your supply chain, logistics function or warehouse operations.We provide supply chain assessment modules, process simulation, warehouse automation, business integration and quality supply chain resources for project management or interim support to build a sustainable supply chain for your organisation.
Supply Chain Assessment Modules
Select from our range of supply chain assessments and take the opportunity to validate your supply chain and logistics processes, practices, metrics and technology systems. We offer flexibility with our modular approach, content area focus at the right cost for your business. Our supply chain consultants, logistics consultants and warehouse consultants are experienced and will work through these assessments at your pace.
- Supply Chain Strategy Assessment (Develop a supply chain strategy that balances cost, service and efficiency within a dynamic market place)
- Supply Chain Planning Assessment (Sales forecasting, planning and execution for managing inventory investment for the business)
- Inventory Management Assessment (Manage inventory investment with the right tools and controls within your warehouse or distribution centre)
- Warehouse Management Assessment (Warehouse operation can increase throughput and efficiency with the right layout, storage and processes)
- Performance Measurement KPI Assessment (Supply chain capability increases with regular performance measurement focussed on the right areas)
- 3PL Outsourcing Assessment (Moving to an outsourced 3PL is a significant step & requires careful consideration, planning and implementation)
- Supply Chain Technology Assessment (The right supply chain technology mix will drive performance across the core areas of your supply chain)
Our supply chain consulting practice uses advanced 2D or 3D simulation modelling tool's to provide our clients with the latest process based integrated solutions to improve supply chain performance in real-time, identifying issues and bottlenecks within a virtual environment. Take a look at our supply chain simulation, logistics simulation, warehouse simulation and distribution network model.
Quick process wins are delivered much faster, while structural supply chain changes require capital investment in warehouse automation and distribution solutions for your operation. Advanced supply chain optimisation is the aim by integrating ERP, WMS or Manufacturing systems to achieve real time visibility.
Supported by a strong industry specialist network, we are able to meet the supply chain challenges your company is facing today. Strengthen your supply chain, distribution centre, warehouse or manufacturing facility with integrated warehouse automation systems and distribution solutions. Custom made materials handling, storage and retrieval systems range include: Conveyors, Fulfillment, Robotics, Packaging, Sortation, Shipping Systems, Software and safety equipment.
We also offer a comprehensive review of your warehouse operation to make sure that the right solution is identified, planned and implemented. Depending upon the outcome of the review, we also offer a range of services that support the final automation solution, namely: a warehouse layout and design service, warehouse process modifications, warehouse systems or a warehouse layout design for a specific area.
Business Integration and Consolidation
We assist organisations to create a "Right Sized Supply Chain Model" for their business. This may involve consolidating your supply chain network, merging multiple businesses, establishing a new warehouse facility or assessing 3PL viability and outsourcing options. Our experienced has contributed to delivering a range of quality supply chain solutions for our customers.
Project management | Interim management support
We provide a project management service or interim management support to assist any supply chain initiative. Qualified and experienced supply chain managers, warehouse managers, distribution centre managers and project managers are available to meet your interim project requirement needs or long term resource placement strategy.